Today, all of a sudden, the concessionaire of the ski zone in Bansko decided to open it partially. This came to a surprise for most of the ski shops and ski schools in town, which were getting ready to open around the officially announced season opening date December 15th. But this is good news for all those waiting impatiently to hit the slopes for the first time this season.
A few words of advise before we proceed with the good news:
– Opening partially the ski zone doesn’t mean that it will be fully functional by the date of its official opening date December 15th, 2018.
– Before booking a last minute ski package make sure there is a ski school, which will take your booking for the dates before December 15th. Ski & Board Traventuria will be opening for online sales from December 8th. You are welcome to book Bansko lift passes, ski and snowboard packages with us on www.skibansko.bg
– Ulen’s kindergarten still doesn’t work.
– Some restaurants of Banderitsa and Shiligarnika have opened. Privately owned restaurants are yet to open.
– Artificial snow is still being produced. But when and what more will open is not known as of today. There is some snow on the forecast for the next weekend, so keep fingers crossed.
OK, what has been working today:
– the Gondola ski lift, the 6-man Kolarski lift and the adjacent “magic carpet” for newbies
– ski runs #1 (blue) and #8 (red)
Both ski slopes are in very good condition for skiing, although layered with predominantly artificial snow. There is no ice along them, and no lumps. Snow canons have done pretty good job in the past few days.
The good news: daily lift passes of special price have been released for the first skiing days – 35 BGN for adults and 25BGN for kids (any deposits paid for the lift passes are to be refunded at the cash desks at the Gondola lift station (the vending machines are still not working).
If you would like to stay updated with the latest snow reports and news from Bansko, you can follow us on Facebook or visit our blog every week.
Ski & Board Traventuria is a leading provider of lift passes, equipment rental, airport transfers and ski school for the Bansko area. To book your next ski vacation in Bansko with us, please check our website – www.skibansko.bg